CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

This Week in Review

- We had three parties at our house in one week.  Two were "grill outs" for the two youth groups. The other was a surprise b-day party for one of our young adults.

- Shaylee started crawling at 9 months.  But she has been pulling up to a stand and cruising (little bit) for a few weeks now.  She crawls using her hands and feet instead of her knees.  She would really just rather walk.  I thought she just might skip crawling altogether, but she decided it was worth the stop over.
- I finally bought new clothes (well, new to me).  Last Monday as I was walking home my pants fell down around my thighs, right in front to two passers-by. So I decided it was time for properly fitting clothes.  See I've lost 25 pounds in the last two months, and had not yet begun to replace my wardrobe. But I visited the second hand clothing market and began stocking the closet.
- I think perhaps gluten was not the root of my eczema, so as of last Wednesday I am dairy free now.  Here's hoping something works!
- Shaylee and I have both had little colds today and yesterday, at least I think.  She also recently got her top two teeth, which could be behind her runny nose.  And I think I mine could be seasonal allergies to something here.  Time will tell.
- I have really enjoyed reading Kelly Thomas' blog, even the older posts I had not previously read.  She and I have almost identical boy stories.  Sometimes you make my sides hurt, Kelly.
- Last night I gave the talk at young adult youth group.  I was slotted to talk about budgeting, what the Bible says about it, and take them through step-by-step to developing a personal one.  It went really well.
- In anticipation for the next year, I have been wading through homeschool curriculum.  I am slowly narrowing the prospects so when we are in the States next year I will know which ones I want to look at in person and which don't interest me.
- This week I have been reading "The Strong-Willed Child" by Dobson.  I swear some of the stories are about Micaiah.  He is a wonderfully sweet child, but is he ever strong willed!  This book is giving me insight to understanding his behavior, and ideas on how to handle it.
- I tired to Bree Van de Camp it this week by taking up gardening.  Last week we sodded the front yard, so I bought a gardenia bush, hydrangeas, azaleas, impatients, zinnias,  some other flowers and pretty little plants and spent the afternoon playing in the dirt.  I'll post pics soon.

Dinner tonight: rice, black beans, Coca-Cola chicken
On the tube: American Idol (very different schedule for us)
Listening to: Ingrid Michaelson (current fave: Fisherman's Wife)
Evening project: cleaning the kitchen

5 comments:

Elliott said...

You're pretty amazing.

Unknown said...

what a great review!
And 25lbs in 2 months?? That's awesome!! I laugh just visualizing your pants dropping down in public. So funny!

Looking forward to your pics of the garden. The snow is finally melting here...only to reveal mud and more mud. Flowers sound amazing right about now!

Mommy of Four said...

okay, 25 pounds?! PLEASE share your secret!!! PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASE???????????????????????????????????????????

Kelly said...

AWWW! Thanks, Dena. :) I"m glad you enjoy my blog. also, I'm sorry to hear about your pants, but YAY for 25 pounds gone!! Maybe eliminating gluten from you diet had something to do with it? I've read that that can make a difference. I hope eliminating dairy helps your eczema as well.

Kelly said...

ps. I like your blog as well. Maybe some day we'll write a compliation of all our motherhood nightmare stories. :)