CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

School Daze and Baby Craze

Today was our first day back in classes after a two week break. Elliott has a full schedule, while I am only taking one class: translation. Our teacher seems to be the right blend of serious and funny. She did say she is very punctual, which will present a slight struggle for me. My previous teachers have not been, so I could count on a 5-10 min grace period after the "official" start time. I guess I'll have to learn to be a little more gringa this trimester.
On the homefront, Micaiah daily amazes me. He is becoming more proficient at stringing syllables together, so he spends the better part of the day babbling. Sometimes he yells and sometimes he whispers, but he pretty much always "talks". He crawled about an inch today. Generally he combines scooting, rolling, pivoting, and flipping to move around, but today he almost crawled. He can sit up for short bursts of time, and can stand the same amount of time while holding on to the couch. He is so active! Once he can really crawl and walk, we will be in for one crazy ride!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Date!!!

I've been thinking about you lately. I miss our Gilmore dates. I DVR every episode and every time I wish I was watching them with you.

It's so nice to hear about all the excitement in your life and how Micaiah is growing. I can't wait to meet him someday.

Yay for my date blogging!

matthew said...

Does "Gilmore dates" refer to "Gilmore Girls"? Does that mean Dena is also a fan?

Richards' said...

I am glad you have joined the blogging world! We can talk baby talk :D

Dena said...

Yes, Matthew, "Gilmore dates" does refer to the girls. To say that I am a fan would be a slight understatement.

matthew said...

Well that's cool. I am not ashamed to admit that Gilmore Girls is my favorite still-running show :)