CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

International House of Pancakes

I absolutely love pancakes! I can eat them for any meal of the day, or at any time for that matter. I don't like to just eat plain, white flour pancakes. I usually use whole wheat flour, but I like to mix it up. These are some of my favorite pancakes:

* Cinnamon Spice: cinnamon and nutmeg, and sometimes vanilla and cloves, too
* Almond Spice: almond and vanilla extracts with a touch of nutmeg
* Apple: plain pancakes topped with baked cinnamon apples
* Oat flour: a mix of oat and other flours, not as heavy as you would think, and so healthy
* Blueberry topped: self explanitory
* Butter Pecan: a southern delight
* Mora: mulberry (mora in spanish) infused batter makes this tan sabroso and provides a serving of fruit
* And sometimes you just gotta have normal, maple syrup topped pancakes

I am always looking for a healthy, yet tasty topping alternative to maple syrup. Got any ideas?
What are your favorite pancakes?

3 comments:

matthew said...

I also love pancakes, but I have only had normal pancakes. You should email me some of these fun flavors.

Sarah Beth said...

Hey Dena, great to see you have a blog. I love Buttermilk pancakes, and as an alternative topping, I like the double fruit raspberry jam.

Mommy Rader said...

Hey Dena! I finally found your blog...welcome to blogdom :) And I am also a HUGE fan of pancakes anytime during the day!!!! But I confess I am traditional in that I love a good buttermilk pancake with butter flavored syrup....YUM!!!! Not the most healthy for you but it sure does taste good!!!!! Shucks...now I'm hungry......

I will have to step outside the box though and try one of your yummy favorites :)