CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

North American Mom

Well, I'm a real North American mom now. I drive a mini van with two car seats. I just started going to play group with the kids. We'd never been before - the kids loved it and so do I! I joined the local gym that I hit most mornings around 6:30. I've started getting to know some people from the community, too (other than church people) from the gym, the play group, and a midwives network I started attending meetings for. It's a new experience for me, and I am enjoying it.

I'm really happy about meeting non-church people. Don't get me wrong - I love our new church family. But I also think it's so important for Christians to be in the community and know people and form real relationships with them. I never really knew many non-church people in Peru, and didn't have the chance to get involved in anything outside the church. So this makes me happy.

And, on another note...we recently learned we'll be adding another little one to our family this fall! We were pretty shocked when we found out, but are really excited! I am on the waiting list for a doctor, so I don't have any real details to share, but by my calculations I'm due early September. I'll keep you posted as we learn more about baby #3.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats guys!! We'll be excited to follow along with you as you prepare for another little blessing!

Tammy Craig said...

That is awesome! Congrats, y'all!! Looking forward to hearing all about it! :)

Jecca said...

congratulations!!! that's wonderful news :)

Steph said...

woohoo!

Richards' said...

That was the shortest secret I ever had to keep! YEAH!!!