CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fridge Filing


This is my first post of an organizing tip. I recently read this in a magazine and started putting it into practice, and so far it has proven quite helpful.

Instead of just throwing leftovers into a plastic container and forgetting about it until a few weeks later when you finally throw out that gross moldy thing from who-knows-when. Or instead of spending ten minutes looking in every Tupperware trying to find that certain leftover you want. Why not label them? Duh, Dena, you say. But here's the brilliant part: Use a dry erase marker to write the contents and date on the top of the storage container. It will stay put in the fridge, but wipes off quite easily in the sink. Simple, easy, and it works.

3 comments:

Jecca said...

good one. keep the organizing tips coming :)

Julie said...

I never thought of a dry erase marker. I will admit when I read write on it with a marker I was like then I would have ruined it, that is a smart idea. I am so going to use it when I have leftovers (which is not a lot of the time). Thanks for the tip and definitely keep them coming =)

Elizabeth said...

Where do you keep the dry erase marker? I would lose it.