CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Earthquake Update

As you may have seen on the news, Peru has been hit by a magnitude 7.5 earthquake. We are all fine, if not slightly shaken (pardon the ill timed pun). There appears to be no damage to our house or neighboring buildings and we have received word that our mentors, Jarvis and Sue are safe and sound.

Please keep Peru in prayer as the nation recovers.

Sincerely,
Elliott, Dena, Micaiah and Shaylee Innes

5 comments:

matthew said...

thinking of you guys...glad you're ok. How 'shaky' was it where you were? How long did it last? aftershocks?

Weavers said...

Im so glad you guys are safe. thinking of you!

Elliott said...

Matt,
Pretty shaky. Enough for a real cry out to God moment. We were on seperate floors, each with a baby and ran to stand in doorways. Lasted almost 2 minutes. 7.9 on th scale.

Mommy of Four said...

Wow...I can't imagine, and especially with two young children. I am so grateful to have moved so far away from any more possibilites of earthquakes, and even moreso, now that I have children. How frightening!

Tami said...

I am so happy you guys are ok. My Missions trip to Peru has been Postponed so as of right now I don't know when I am coming.