CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pregnancy and Ecuador Pics







We spent last Tuesday thru Friday night in Ecuador getting our residency. Tuesday we mainly traveled and got settled into the hotel. Wednesday morning we rode thru the countryside to the town where the consulate was located, we spent the afternoon in the consulate. (Very easy to get residency in Peru!) Thursday we drove back to the city and played a little in the park in the afternoon. Friday we hung out and then boarded our plane. Because of delay after delay, we did not return home until 4am Saturday. But Micaiah did beautifully with all his missed naps and different foods to eat.

On the pregnancy front, I am 33 weeks now. I think I am about as big now as I was when I was due with Micaiah. A couple people have told me I've dropped, but I don't know. It's still awfully early, but possible. Things are still going well, although I can tell I am getting closer. I am waddling more and walking slower. Sometimes I think of Angela's post a couple days before her baby was born when she got lapped by the old folks on the track. I'm starting to feel that way!

13 comments:

Weavers said...

Im so excited for you Dena, and you look beautiful!

Angela said...

;-)
you still look great Dena! so pretty in your green shirt. Those are sweet pics. It will be interesting to see how big this baby is. What do you think? How big was Micaiah? I dropped around 35 weeks- also pretty early. Maybe baby will come early? Although that didn't mean anything for me-overdue. Doesn't look like you'll be as overdue as you were the first time, though. Happy waddles!

Steph said...

You're so beautiful!

Richards' said...

Well, I think you are having a girl.... I am smaller this pregnancy with Gabby.... It is weird how things are so different from one pregnancy to another....

Nicole said...

Beautiful pictures! I took a break from blogs and am now playing catch up but what about the name Mikaela (ma-kay-la)? I'm also partial to Natalie of course. Sanna (sau-na), Mattea (ma-tay-a)...Mmm, that's all I got. Well, can't wait to see the new baby! You're in my prayers!

Dena said...

Ang, Micaiah was 8lbs 11oz. They say subsequent pregnancies tend to get bigger, but we'll see. They also say the births tend to be a little faster, which wouldn't be bad. I kinda don't want this baby to be early, I really have a lot I want to get done first. But I am really not wanting to be induced this time, so I don't want him/her to be a month late, either. We'll see...babies come when they want to, no matter what the calendar says.

Thanks for the suggestions Nicole. I like Mattea. Mikaela won't work becuase it's so close to Micaiah. I thought of Natalia instead of Natalie because it works better in Spanish. We'll see. Thanks!

Owen said...

D- I really like Natalia a lot! Consider my vote officially cast for that one.

Tami said...

I REALLY REALLY hope that I get to see you when I am in PERU this august. And boy or girl I want to see the baby!
I hope that next year I am blessed with a baby.

Angela said...

Down to your last month! How are you feeling?

Owen said...

I want a new blog! El's blogs are fine I suppose, but highly inferior yours :)

Unknown said...

Hey dena I would love to sent you my story via email, but i don't have your correct email address.

Angela said...

OK- You've HAD To have had your baby by now! You must let us know!!!! I know it's so hard with a new baby...as soon as you can, we can't wait to hear the news!

Angela said...

oops I just looked at your ticker and saw you were only 38 weeks. Why was I thinking you were due in May? Sorry! HOpe you're feeling swell (but not too swollen!)
I will not acost you any more.