CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Son's a Genius

I know, it's a disease that affects us all shortly after becoming parents.  We are positive our child is smarter, cuter, stronger, taller, or some other "-er" than every other child.   I suppose I was hit with this bug quite a while ago, but I never really told anyone of my condition.  Well, tonight I am letting you all know - my son is a genius.  I will spare you all the subjective parental bragging, and just cut to the facts.


He has been working on counting for a couple weeks now.  Until just a couple days ago he really only counted to two.  But yesterday he made it to six and tonight he went all the way to eight (in English).  Yesterday he also counted to five in Spanish.  He can identify the colors black, red, yellow, green, and blue.  And knows all his body parts including random ones like elbow and forehead.  He can follow commands like "bring me a toy for sister" or "get me a diaper for Micaiah" (and he can distinguish between the two).  And to top all this, he is not only learning several new words in English everyday, but in Spanish as well.  His favorite thing to say in Spanish right now is "soy lindo", which means "I'm gorgeous".  I know there may be those of you out there thinking your child is just as smart, if not smarter.  And to you I say, "great, let's form a club!"

Anyone care to brag about their child's latest accomplishments?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it Dena! Especially the "I'm gorgeous" in Spanish. LOL.

My nephew is about 7 months old and he can say mama and dada. My niece who just turned two is actually potty trained. My favorite is when she exclaims, "Poop! Poop!" in the middle of one of her father's sermons and her mother has to rush her to the toilet. These are only a few things that the children related to me can do, but I assure you there's more. Perhaps a club would be an ideal thing to do. LOL. Just imagine the complex these kids will have when they're older!

Dena said...

Micaiah was also potty trained by his second birthday. We do have occasional accidents, but he does a great job. Kids are amazing!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Owen said...

My 4 year old neice (Luke's sister's daughter) is reading and writting. Her younger sister who is 2 and knows every word to Sound of Music and High School Musical. I'm convinced they are the smartest kids ever.

Unknown said...

I *just* said today "Grady is a genius" and the hubs laughed at me. And I laughed at myself too.

Grady rolled over from back to belly when he was 24 hours old. Genius.

Grady will reach up and pull out his paci, look at it, give us some grins, then put it back in (the right way) at 3 1/2 mo. - Genius

Mya rattled off ALL the letters on the adult eye exam chart perfectly this week. At 3 1/2 years old. Genius.

Mya reminds us of things we did together when she was 1 year old (in great detail). Genius.

Mya teaches her grandfather how to correctly identify and pronounce a wide array of dinosaurs. Genius.

Thanks for giving me a platform to unashamedly proclaim the sheer genius of my little spawns. :)

Aren't all little minds pure genius though??? I sure do think so!